Pumpkin and Apple Curry
Preparation time15 min
Cooking time30 min
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 500g fresh pumpkin (peeled, seeded and cubed)
- 800g potatoes (cubed)
- 1 medium cooking apple (cored and diced)
- 2tsp curry paste (as mild or hot as you prefer)
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 2.5cm fresh ginger (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 50g raisins
- 4tbsp fromage frais (to serve)
- Fresh corriander (to serve)
- In a deep pan heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes until golden. Add the garlic, pumpkin, potato and apple. Stir in all the spices - curry paste, turmeric, ginger and bay leaves.
- Add the vegetable stock, raisins and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, stirring the pot. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occassionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Spoon into bowls and top with a spoon of fromage frais and some chopped corriander
- Serve with Naan bread or Basmati Rice
|ENERGY||PROTEIN||TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE||SUGAR||FIBRE||TOTAL FAT||SATURATED FAT||SODIUM|
|348 Kcal||10 g||67 g||20 g||8 g||7 g||2 g||100 mg|
The nutritionist's advice:
Pumpkin is a nutritionally dense fruit packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It is low in sugar, high in fiber, and contains relatively few calories. In a pinch, you may substitute the pumpkin in this recipe with butternut squash.
My Health Partner provide personalized, certified,and updated content for patients with multiple cardiovascular risks to have a healthier life. Follow our daily activities and recipes to reduce your risk of cardiovascular events.
Developed and approved by experts : Therapeutic area experts, patient organizations and nutritionists.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Last modified date: 4/1/2022