Beef Bo Bun
Preparation time70 min
Cooking time25 min
- 250 ml warm water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic
Beef with lemongrass
- 300 g beef steak
- 60 g chopped lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of oil
For the Bò Bún:
- 1 small green salad
- 2 carrots
- 300 g mung bean sprouts (called soybean sprouts)
- 100 g unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 small bouquet of coriander
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1/2 package of rice noodles
For the sauce:
- Mix the warm water, fish sauce, sugar and rice vinegar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the crushed garlic, then set aside.
For the beef:
- Finely cut the beef steak into thin slices.
- Put the sliced steak in a bowl with the chopped lemongrass. Pour in the sugar, fish sauce, honey, oil, crushed garlic and mix. Leave to stand for one hour.
- Cook the meat in a frying pan or wok over high heat. The liquid must evaporate.
Preparation of the Bo Bùn:
- Cook the noodles in boiling water. Then keep them in cold water so that they do not stick.
- Chop the roasted peanuts.
- Coarsely grate the carrots.
- Wash, spin and cut your salad into strips.
In a deep bowl assemble your Bo-Bun:
- Place a layer of salad, then a little carrot, soy sprout, drained noodles, beef, coarsely chopped herbs and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Add sauce to taste.
|Energy||Protein||Total Carbohydrate||Sugar||FibRE||Total fat||Saturated fat||Sodium|
|449.6 Kcal||32.3 g||36.5 g||21.5 g||6.2 g||17.7 g||3.6 g||429 mg|
The nutritionist's advice:
Bo-Buns are infinitely customizable. Choose fresh vegetables and limit fried products such as spring rolls. They are traditionally served in hot bowls that keep the dish at the right temperature during tasting.